The Vantec 218A is a powered bass subwoofer system designed to provide extended bass response for the Vantec full-range cabinets. A powerful amplifier drives dual D.A.S. 18LX long excursion bass loudspeakers incorporating 4? voice coils and massive magnet structures provide high power handling and impressive output.
The Vantec 218A is powered by a Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply and a 4000 Wpeak power rating. The system includes two balanced inputs (A-B) with stereo HPF filtered output connections for satellite systems. Defeating the HPF filter offers stereo “loop thru” connections. The variable LPF crossover ranges from 80 Hz-125 Hz. A gain control and polarity reverse feature increase user control over the system.
The compact Vantec 218A cabinet is manufactured using birch plywood and is finished with a coating of the highly resistant ISO-flex black paint for durability. The powder-coated steel front grille protects the D.A.S. components. Handles on the sides and the rear of the cabinet along with two rear located wheels make moving the box easier.
- Powered subwoofer system
- 4000 Wpeak Class “D” amplifier
- EQ Presets: Deep, Loud
- Variable Low Pass Filter
- Sub level gain control, polarity reverse
- Front logo on/off switch
- Rigging points
- Rear located wheels for easy movement
- Nominal LF Amplifier Power: 4000 Wpeak / Class D
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): Loud: 35 Hz - 125 Hz / Deep: 30 Hz - 125 Hz
- Rated Peak SPL at 1 m: 140 dB
- Connectors: Audio INPUT: 2 x Female XLR / Audio LOOP THRU: 2 x Male XLR / AC INPUT: powerCON / AC OUTPUT: powerCON
- AC Requirements: Universal Mains / 6.0 A, 115 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz / 3.0 A, 230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Enclosure Material: Birch Plywood
- Color/Finish: Black/ISO-flex paint
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 106 x 54 x 67 cm / 41.7 x 21.3 x 26.4 in
- Weight: 72 kg (158.4 lb)