If you’re an aspiring musician, video plays an important role in helping you reach a wider fan base. It’s a digital world and that means an inspiring performance can take the Internet by storm. But you can’t capture your music with just any camera. You need one that records incredible audio.
The Zoom Q2n gives you a fast and easy way to create HD videos with high-impact audio. The built-in X/Y microphones capture sound with beautiful stereo imaging. And the 160-degree wide-angle lens excels in an array of lighting conditions—whether you’re filming at home, in a rehearsal space, or at a club.
With the Q2n in hand, you can finally make videos that sound as great as they look—at a price more affordable than ever.
A Portable Camera That Sounds Great
High-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio delivers studio-quality recording, no matter where you’re filming. And the camera’s built-in X/Y microphones can handle sound pressure levels up to 120 dB SPL, for distortion-free recording.
It Can Handle the Pressure
Since the Q2n can handle high sound pressure levels, it records loud music without distortion or clipping. Famed drummer Dave Weckl relies on his Q2n to capture full and beautifully balanced snare, bass, tom, and cymbal detail.
Capture Your Best Moments in Any Lighting
Ten "Scene" presets allow you to record in a wide range of environments, including low-light locations where the Q2n is designed to thrive. The presets range from "Concert Light"—which automatically adjusts for changing lighting conditions—to "Concert Lo-Lit" for dimly lit rooms. And there are scene settings tailored specifically for filming in jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors.
Up Close and Personal
The Q2n features a 160-degree wide-angle lens that captures stunning video. And it records in 720p or 1080p HD resolution, using the same 24 fps or 30 fps frame rate used in film. An F2.0 aperture makes the Q2n perfect for musicians who perform in a wide variety of lighting environments. Capture the full band or focus on an individual performer using five field of view (FOV) settings. Plus, a color LCD screen makes it easy to create the perfect shot or review your videos.
- Recording media: micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (Class 10 or higher, up to 128 GB)
- Image sensor: 1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Lens: F2.0, 160˚ FOV, fixed focus (36 cm – ∞), Focal distance approx. 16.6 mm (35 mm equivalent)
- Video format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Video resolutions and frame rates: HD 1080p / 30 fps/ HD 1080p / 24 fps/ HD 720p / 30 fps/ HD 720p / 24 fps
- Audio formats: WAV (24-bit/96 kHz, 24-bit/48 kHz, 16-bit/44.1 kHz)
- Audio functions: Lo-Cut filter (off, 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz), Auto Gain
- Image functions: Five FOV (field of view) steps: (×0.75 / ×0.85 / ×1.00 / ×1.30 / ×1.50)/ Scene selection: (Auto / Outdoor / Sunset / Night / Concert Light / Concert Lo-Lit/ Concert Hall / Jazz Club / Dance Club / Rehearsal Studio / Garage)
- Power Save:(Off, 1, 3 or 5 minutes)
- Auto Power Off:(Off, 1, 3 or 5 minutes)
- Display:1.77" full-color LCD (160 x 128)
- Type: 120° X/Y stereo
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB SPL
- Input gain: –∞ to +39 dB
INPUT: EXTERNAL INPUT
- Input connector: Stereo mini jack
- Input gain: –∞ to +39 dB
- Input impedance: 2 k Ω or more/ Supports plug-in power
- Output connector: Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack
- HDMI connector: Micro Type D
- Built-in speaker: 400 mW 8 Ω mono speaker
USB: OPERATION AS MASS STORAGE
Class: USB 2.0 High Speed (Note: Mass storage operations are supported with iOS devices/
Note: USB bus power supported)
USB: OPERATION AS AUDIO INTERFACE
- Class: USB 1.0 Full Speed
- Specifications: 44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit (Note: Audio interface operations are supported with iOS devices/ Note: USB bus power supported)
USB: OPERATION AS WEBCAM
- Specifications: WVGA/720p video size,48 kHz/16-bit audio (Note: USB bus power supported)
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries
- AC adapter: ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A
Battery operation time: About 2 hours or more (when recording 720p/30 fps video using alkaline batteries)
About 3 hours or more (when recording 720p/30 fps video using Ni-MH batteries)
- External dimensions: Maximum dimensions of main unit: 1.8 (depth) × 2.5 (width) × 3.3 (height) inches
- Weight: 0.2 lb
- Included accessories: User guide, AA batteries